“Shiseido group website” and “Shiseido group mobile website” (collectively, the “Websites”) are operated by or on behalf of Shiseido Co., Ltd (“Shiseido”).
These Terms apply to all users and members who use services of the Websites (collectively, the “Users”).
|Article 2. (Definition of Users and Members)
- 1.For the purpose of these Terms, any and all persons who use the Services, regardless of whether they are identifiable by Shiseido, are defined as the Users.
- 2.The Users who agree to the Membership Agreement and register as members through prescribed procedures may use various services provided in the Websites only to members.
- 3.Please refer here(Japanese Only) to check Shiseido Net Membership Terms.
||The Users who actually use the Services will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms.
|Article 4. (Equipment Necessary to Use Services)
||Any terminal equipment, communication devices, software and other facilities necessary to use the Services must be prepared by the Users.
|Article 5. (Notification and Change of Terms)
||Shiseido reserves the right at its option to modify all or part of these Terms without prior notice to the Users. In such case, Shiseido shall give notice of such modification at the Websites, and the modification shall take effect at the time of such notice at the Websites.
|Article 6. (Prohibited Matters)
In using the Websites, the Users are prohibited by Shiseido from conducting the following acts (including acts or preparatory acts which may trigger the following acts):
- (1)Any act that defames or slanders or may defame or slander other Users, third parties and/or Shiseido;
- (2)Any act that infringes or may infringe property rights or privacy of other Users, third parties and/or Shiseido;
- (3)Any act that infringes or may infringe intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyrights, design rights, patent rights, utility model rights, trademark rights and portrait rights) of other Users, third parties and/or Shiseido;
- (4)Any act to transmit or write harmful computer programs;
- (5)Any act that offends or may offend public order and morals or that constitutes or may constitute criminal behavior;
- (6)Any act to use or to be prepared to use the Services for commercial purposes;
- (7)An election campaign or any similar act, or any other act that relates to politics and/or religions;
- (8)Any other act that hinders operation of the Services;
- (9)Any act to use the Services by using other members’ IDs;
- (10)Any act to obtain, disclose or provide IDs and/or passwords of other members in whatever manner; or
- (11)Any act that violates any law or regulation of Japan or of a country or district in which the User is residing at the time of use of the Websites.
|Article 7. (Responsibility regarding Use of Information provided in Websites)
||Shiseido will make no guarantee of the integrity and availability of the information which the Users obtain through the Websites, including information dispatched from other Users. All Users will make use of the Websites on their own responsibility and judgment, and Shiseido will not be held responsible for any result of using or relying on such information by the Users.
|Article 8. (Copyright and other Intellectual Property)
- 1.Any right relating to all the content of the Websites belongs to or is exercised by Shiseido under the license and other legitimate title, and no part of the Websites may be used for any purpose other than personal use, redelivered to the public, or used or reproduced by the Users without permission, whether in or outside of the network.
- 2.All trademarks and service marks appearing on the Websites are owned, or used under the license and other legitimate title by Shiseido or its affiliated companies, and the Users are prohibited from using any such trademarks and service marks without permission of Shiseido.
- 3.Any copyright or other intellectual property right arising from or in connection with information provided by the Users (including the rights provided for in Article 27 and Article 28 of the Copyright Act) shall be transferred from the Users to Shiseido without charge, and the Users shall not exercise the moral rights of author or any other similar rights whatsoever.
|Article 9. (Change, Addition and Termination of Services)
- 1.In any of the following events, Shiseido may terminate or temporarily suspend the provision of all or part of the Services without giving prior notice to the Users:
- (1)In the event of regular or urgent maintenance of the systems that provide the Services;
- (2)In the event of a failure of the systems that provide the Services;
- (3)In the event of a power outage, fire, earthquake or any other force majeure that makes provision of the Services difficult; or
- (4)In the event that there are other reasonable grounds in respect of the operation or technology of the Services.
- 2.Shiseido may make a change or addition to or terminate all or part of the Services without prior notice.
- 3.Shiseido will not be held liable for any detriment or damage incurred by the Users as a result of any of the preceding actions.
|Article 10. (Websites of Third Parties)
||Shiseido will not be held responsible for and will not be liable to compensate for any damage arising from or in connection with the use of other websites managed or operated by third parties that are linked from the Websites.
|Article 11. (Handling of Personal Information)
|Article 12. (Indemnity and Compensation for Damages)
- 1.If any of the Users violates these Terms or inflicts damage on Shiseido by fraudulent acts, Shiseido may claim reasonable compensation from such User. The Users who, by using the Services, inflict damage on third parties shall settle such damage on its own responsibility.
- 2.Unless otherwise provided herein, Shiseido will not be held responsible to the Users or third parties for any failure or breakdown of the systems that provide the Services, any intrusion to the Systems by third parties and any commercial disputes for any reason whatsoever.ty.
*You can select by yourself whether to enable or disable cookies. (For details of the method of selection, please refer to the help file of your browser.) However, please note that the Websites contain certain content which may not function properly in part or may cease to function at all, if you disable cookies.
- (1)For temporarily storing information necessary for the Users to access a website comfortably in cases where a website contain an application which extends across several pages; and
- (2)For analyzing, or having any companies to which Shiseido entrusts its survey analysis activities analyze the Users’ access trends in a website in order to provide better services.
|Article 14. (Link to Websites)
- 1.The Users may freely establish a link to the Websites in their own websites, except for those which include:
- (1)Any contents that are offensive to public order and morals;
- (2)Any contents that are in violation of laws and ordinances;
- (3)Any contents that defame Shiseido (including its affiliated companies) or any of its affiliates; and
- (4)Any other contents that are objectively considered to be detrimental to the corporate value of Shiseido.
- 2.When linking to the Websites, the Users are requested to link to the top page of the Websites (http://group.shiseido.com), in principle. The Users should note that the linked page is subject to change or deletion without prior notice.
- 3.Shiseido will not be held liable for any disadvantage arising from or in connection with such change or deletion of the page for the convenience of Shiseido.
|Article 15. (Governing Law / Jurisdiction)
||Any interpretation and application of the Websites and these Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan. Unless otherwise provided, any and all disputes arising from or in connection with the Websites shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court as the court of first instance.