Basic policy regarding personnel affairs
Shiseido Group denotes its policy under "Toward Employees" and "Toward Society and the Earth" in Our Way, which is established under "Our Mission, Values and Way," and adopts the policy in all subsidiaries and business sites in Japan and overseas.
1. We respect the character and individuality of everyone in the work place, in all their diversity, and strive to develop and grow together.
(2) We work together with our co-workers to fulfill our potential in our jobs.
(3) We strive to maintain a dialogue with our co-workers, and are committed to their growth as well as our own.
(4) We strive to conduct fair evaluations.
3. We strive to create a safe, healthy work environment and enhance employees' comfort and sense of fulfillment.
(1) We seek to make work environments safe, clean and healthy.
(2) We strive to maintain and manage our physical and mental health, and to maintain an appropriate work/life balance.
Toward Society and the Earth(Excerpt)
1. We abide by the laws of each country and region in which we operate, and maintain sound ethical behavior as well as respect human rights.
(1) We abide by the laws and respect the history, culture, customs and other aspects of each country and region in which we operate.
(2) We respect international laws including treaties. We never engage in human rights violations such as child labor or forced labor.
Based on these basic policies, Shiseido and domestic Group companies individually establish personnel affairs regulations, including employment regulations, in accordance with domestic laws and regulations. They also adopt rules and regulations that respond to employment terms for all directly hired employees including fixed-term contract employees. As for the establishment and revision of personnel affairs regulations, it is fundamental for Shiseido to develop content that exceeds legal requirements and the Company is reporting relevant matters to administrative authorities upon receiving confirmation and approval from labor unions or the majority of employee representatives. In this respect, Shiseido will continue complying with the law.
Also, based on these policies, Shiseido Global Personnel Affairs Policy was established in 2008 as a globally shared set of principles related to personnel management and the Company is disseminating respective policy to all subsidiaries and business sites in Japan and overseas.